Home Archive Vol.43, No.3, 2017 Clinical, Epidemiological and Etiopathogenic Study of Ischemic Stroke

Clinical, Epidemiological and Etiopathogenic Study of Ischemic Stroke

RALUCA PAVALOIU(1), L. MOGOANTA(2)

(1)Department of Neurology, Hospital of Neuropsychiatry Craiova, Romania, (2)Department of Histology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania

    Abstract: Introduction: We conducted a retrospective study on patients who were diagnosed with ischemic stroke and hospitalized in Neurology I Neuropsychiatric Hospital of Craiova, Romania, between 2010-2014. We based our study on 6391 patients admitted with ischemic stroke. Material and Methods: We evaluated patients based on demographic data (age, sex, environment); neurological and cardiological examination; risk factors and comorbidities. Results: After analyzing the results the most of the pacients included in our study by origin of country, most of them were from rural areas (61%-4201 cases), and the rest were from urban areas (39%-2730 cases). From the risk factors the most common was high blood pressure present in about 70% of all patients. The most common etiopathogenic mechanism was due to cerebral artery thrombosis 86% followed by cerebral artery embolism 11%. Conclusions: The high blood pressure was found to be significantly associated with risk of ischemic stroke. Regarding etiopathogenicity in our study cerebral artery thrombosis was present in most cases
    Keywords: ischemic stroke, high blood pressure, artery thrombosis

DOI 10.12865/CHSJ.43.03.13 


All articles in this issue

Volume 43 Issue 3 2017